So it’s the week after Thanksgiving and you’re probably thinking what’s the point of starting a new “diet” now, because there’s Christmas and all of the holiday eating. I might as well wait until after the New Year to start …
(Makes 15 Cup Servings)
2 lbs extra lean ground beef
1 can of black beans (540 ml)
1 can of red kidney beans (540 ml)
6 tomatoes, chopped
2 cups of tomato sauce (any kind you like, I use marinara)
5 gloves of garlic, sliced
1 large onion, diced
2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
2 cups of carrots, diced
1 tsp of coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
Seasoning for the beef:
1 tbsp of chili powder
1 tbsp of paprika
1 tbsp of cumin
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, on medium heat, add cooking oil to pan and ground beef. Using a flat spatula, keep stirring until it’s
- Drain out any water from the meat that accumulated from cooking.
- Turn heat to low then add all seasonings into the beef and continue stirring. Use the flat end
of the spatula to break up any large chunks of meat.
- Once it’s fully cooked, set aside to cool.
- In your Crock Pot (aka slow cooker) add tomato sauce, beef and all ingredients. And it really
doesn’t matter what order to add in these ingredients, which is the beauty of most slow cooker recipes.
- Now set the slow cooker on high for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, add an avocado and/or cilantro on top at time of serving. You can serve with rice
or your favorite carb.
Let me know what you guys think! Leave your comment below and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog if you don’t want to miss out on recipes!
Step 1: Make the dressing (5 servings) Ingredients and Directions: Whisk together in a bowl the following: ½ cup of white wine vinegar 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard Salt and pepper to taste …