Don’t know what to make in a hurry? Try this curry! It’s a great weekend meal idea and can be served alone or with a side of rice!
- 8 chicken drum sticks (you can also use boneless thighs)
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder (1/4 tsp)
- Chili flakes (1/2 tsp)
- Dried basil (1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 buttercup squash (4 cups)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 white onion (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp mince garlic
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1.5 cup coconut cream/milk (divided)
- 1 cup water
- 8 lacinato kale leaves, stem removed, chopped
- handful of Thai basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking tray, line parchment paper and season chicken with salt, garlic powder, chili flakes and dried basil.
- Add squash to tray and bake for 30 mins at 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add oil. Then garlic and onions. Stir until onions are brown.
- Add mushrooms and keep stirring. Cover for about 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and 1/2 cup of coconut cream/milk.
- Add water then cover and lower to a simmer for 5 mins.
- Add remainder of coconut milk (1 cup).
- Add baked chicken back in, slowly add kale, squash and basil. Stir until well mixed.
- Remove and serve!
Check out the full “how to” video on my latest Instagram Post (Click here)