Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
This recipe is low calories, low carbs and high protein! And… it’s Whole 30! Did I get your attention yet?
This is a macro and calorie friendly version of the classic spaghetti & meat sauce! This one is satisfying, delicious and easy to make!
See recipe below:
(Makes 5 servings)
Calories per serving: 389
Macros per serving: P: 33g C: 33g F: 15g
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 25 oz extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 100g baby spinach
- 680 ml tomato sauce
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line pan with parchment paper. Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove seeds. Place two halves face down and bake in oven for 45 mins.
3. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cooled, use a fork to shred the squash.
4. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp of oil.
5. Add turkey, stir for about 2-3 minutes.
6. Add all seasoning above but only 1/2 tsp of oregano into meat. Continue stirring until well cooked.
7. Remove and transfer to a large bowl. Clean skillet and put back onto stove top on medium heat.
8. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil, add onions and garlic and stir for a minute. Add peppers and continue stirring for another minute.
9. Add cooked turkey back in, stir for one minute.
10. Add in tomato sauce, add remaining 1/2 tsp of oregano and stir for another minute.
11. Slowly add spinach into mixture and stir carefully, as it wilts into the sauce.
12. Remove and garnish, serve with spaghetti squash and sprinkle on some parsley.
Share, tweet, and enjoy!