This is one of the 300 recipes you’ll find in my new cookbook that’s releasing on January 16, 2018. Click on “Order my Cook Book” for the link to pre-order!
I took the same recipe and turn it into an InstantPot friendly version because I am legally a #PotHead now!
This recipe is so easy and tasty, and takes less than 30 minutes in total cook time!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 kale leaves, stem removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken and all of the seasoning above and mix until well combined.
- On sauté mode on your InstantPot, add coconut oil. Once oil is hot, add onions. Stir for about 2 minutes, add in chicken and garlic and keep stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in squash, celery and continue stirring for 2 minutes. Add in tomatoes, and broth, bring it to a boil then add kale and mix until well combined.
- Cover the lid, press manual mode and reduce time to 10 minutes (on high pressure).
- Remember to release all of the pressure before opening.
- Garnish with basil and serve with rice or alone.
- Store in food containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days.