Sweet Potato Sheppard’s Pie
This Sheppard’s pie is not made with your traditional carrots and peas (mainly because I’m intolerant to peas 😞) but instead I used broccoli and cabbage. Recipe below!
Makes 12 servings
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 green cabbage, grated
- 2 broccoli heads, chopped in small bits
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Seasoning for beef:
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking pan, line with parchment paper and place potatoes (skin on) on pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- While that’s baking, in a large pan, over medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Once oil is hot, add in onions and garlic. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add beef and continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add in all of the beef seasoning and continue stirring until cooked.
- Remove skin of potatoes and add to food processor. Process until smooth then remove into a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut milk and mix until well blended.
- In a deep baking pan (13x16x3), follow the video with layering of the pie!
- Bake for 40 mins at 400 degrees.