Coconut Chocolate Matcha Cookies
I LOVE coconut flour baked goods! It’s gluten free, delicious and the smell is unreal! Add matcha and chocolate chips to the mix and I’m in heaven! I’m the worst baker but experimenting with these was fun! They also turned out amazing. They’re fairly healthy and lower in sugar. Be careful though because these are highly addictive. Here’s how I made them.
Makes 24 cookies
- 2.5 cups coconut flour
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, matcha, chocolate chips, sugar, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs then add apple sauce, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract and whisk all together until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, line a baking pan with parchment paper and and create 2 inch diameter cookies and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the base is golden brown.
- Remove and place onto a cooling rack and repeat step 6 until all baked.
- Store in food container and freeze up to a month. Reheat in microwave before serving.