Made these this week for one of my snacks and they were very fluffy and delicious! You can also replace kale for spinach if you’re not a fan of kale.
- 3 tsp coconut oil (divided)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 red pepper flakes (save 1/2 for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white onions, minced
- 2 cups shredded purple potatoes
- 3 handfuls of chopped kale
- 20 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp chives, minced
- Sauté the turkey: heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp of coconut oil. Once oil is hot, add ground turkey. Stir around until for 2-3 minutes then add cumin, half of the red chili flakes and salt & pepper. Stir until completely cooked for another minute or so. Transfer into to a small bowl.
- Add another tsp of coconut oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add onion and stir until light brown then add potatoes. Continue stirring for another 2 minutes then add salt and pepper to taste. Once the potatoes are soft, remove and transfer into another bowl.
- Add last tsp of coconut oil and kale in a large pan over medium heat. Stir until all wilted (takes about a minute) then add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer into a separate bowl.
- Now crack 20 eggs, add coconut milk and 2 tbsp of chives and whisk until well combined in a large mixing bowl.
- Layer from bottom to top In a jumbo muffin pan the following ingredients: 1 tbsp of turkey, 1.5 tbsp of potatoes, 1/8 cup of kale, then 1/2 cup of egg mixture.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven then garnish with remaining red chili flakes and chives.
- Store in food container and refrigerate. It should last up to 5 days!
Let me know what you think by commenting below. Feel free to share with your friends!