This recipe is great as a side to serve with your favorite carbs and veggies, or you can add it to your salad or even as a taco topping! It is so flavorful and the possibilities are endless with the way that you can serve this. If you are looking for a leaner protein option, you can replace the beef with chicken breasts.
4.5 lb Top Sirloin Beef Roast
1 large onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (with seeds
1 lime, juiced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
5 gloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
1 cup canned diced tomatoes (you can use fresh too)
2 tbsp tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Carve off excess fat from the beef roast.
- Seasoned it with salt and pepper to taste on all sides. Place into slow cooker pot.
- Add remainder of ingredients into slow cooker, then add spices on top.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Remove beef, place on large serving tray or pan, use two forks to shred the beef until all well shredded.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and place into food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture back into slow cooker.
- Add shredded beef and continue cooking on high for 1 hour.
- Serve with favorite sides!
Share this recipe with your friends and please leave a comment to let me know what you think!