Cucumber Basil Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimps
This cold gazpacho soup was the perfect dish to cool us down on this hot summer day! I’ve added two packages of flavorless Vital Proteins collagen peptides for an extra dose protein! Collagen is high in protein and also a great supplement for your hair, skin, nails, joints and bones! And because it has very little taste, it is not at all noticeable and is a great way to get collagen in our diet.
Cucumber Basil Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimp
(Makes 2 servings)
– 1 whole English Cucumber, chopped
– 3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tbsp EVOO
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
– 1 tsp Franks hot sauce
– 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
– 2 packs of @vitalproteins collagen peptides
– 1 cup English cucumber, diced
– 1 tomato chopped
– 1 tomato diced
– 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup red onions, finely diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 bell pepper, diced
1. In a food processor, add 1 cucumber, 1 tomato, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, EVOO, salt, pepper, vinegar, broth and collagen. Blend until smooth. Pour into large bowl.
2. Add into the bowl diced cucumbers, tomatoes and bell pepper. Combine until well mixed.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
1. Season 12 shrimp with dash of paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Skewer and then grill on low-medium heat until pink (be careful not to overcook)
3. Serve with gazpacho soup.